About The Ministry
The Ministry of Finance (MoF) derives its mandate from Part X of the Constitution of Zambia. It is also guided by statutory and portfolio functions as stipulated in the Government Gazette Notice No. 183 of 23rd March 2012. The Ministry is responsible for economic and financial management.
The Ministry is headed by a Minister whose mandate is drawn from the Minister of Finance (Incorporation) Act, Chapter 349 of the Laws of Zambia.The administrative and technical team is headed by the Secretary to the Treasury who is assisted by four Permanent Secretaries:
- Permanent Secretary- Economic Management and Finance (EMF);
- Permanent Secretary- Budget and Economic Affairs (BEA);
- Controller of Internal Audit; and
- Accountant General.
“To be a world-class institution in the mobilization and management of public resources for sustainable national development.”
“To efficiently and effectively coordinate national planning and economic management, mobilize and manage public resources in a transparent and accountable manner for sustainable national development.
“The Ministry of Finance will uphold excellence, profession, teamwork, integrity, commitment, transparency, accountability and value for money”
The Ministry comprises the following directorates:
- Budget Office;
- Economic Management Department;
- Government Stores;
- Human Resource and Administration;
- Investments and Debt Management Department;
- Office of the Accountant General; and
- Office of the Controller of Internal Audit.
Statutory bodies and grant-aided institutions:
- Bank of Zambia;
- Betting Control and Licensing Board;
- Development Bank of Zambia;
- Directorate of State Enterprises;
- Indo Zambia Bank;
- Lotteries Control Board;
- Micro Bankers Trust;
- National Road Fund Agency;
- National Savings and Credit Bank;
- Pensions and Insurance Authority;
- Public Service Micro Finance Bank;
- Securities and Exchange Commission;
- Standing Accidents Board and Provincial Standing Accidents Committees;
- State Lotteries Board of Zambia;
- War Pensions Board/Fund;
- Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants;
- Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply;
- Zambia National Building Society;
- Zambia National Commercial Bank;
- Zambia Public Procurement Authority;
- Zambia Revenue Authority; and
- Zambia State Insurance Corporation.