CALL FOR TAX AND NON-TAX (USER FEES, FINES) PROPOSALS FOR THE 2020 BUDGET AND THE 2020-2022 MEDIUM TERM BUDGET FRAMEWORK
The National Budget is an important economic policy tool of the Government which sets out the direction of economic policy. It translates Government’s policies, political commitments and goals into decisions on how to raise revenues and utilise these funds in priority areas. The 2020 National Budget will be presented in September 2019.
The Ministry of Finance is hereby inviting stakeholders, including the general public and business community, to submit proposals on taxes and non-tax (user fees and fines). The submissions will form part of the informational input into the preparation of the 2020-2022 Medium Term Budget Framework.
Interested persons and institutions are requested to submit the proposals in the format outlined below:
- Name and contact details of the proposer (Phone, Email, Fax and Postal Address);
- Sector/policy area of interest (e.g. taxation policy, wage policy, infrastructure programme, etc.);
- Disadvantages, shortcomings, weaknesses or challenges of the current policy, or programme, project, or situation;
- Proposed policies or measures; and
- Expected implications or impact of the proposed policies or measures.
Submissions should be made by 31st July 2019, and may be made as follows:
Imputing into the Google online prescribed form on link: https://forms.gle/ojrxkYuveUiNmdik6
The Director – Budget
Ministry of Finance
P.O. Box 50062